It's finally warm enough to wear sundresses outside! I'm only wearing them to the front yard, but that's not the point. Each Spring while everyone else is Spring cleaning, I begin Spring seaming (don't worry, I clean too). Inspired by the warm weather, I put away my cashmere and flannel and begin furiously sewing sundresses. This year is no exception. The only difference is that I have more time to make them and fewer places to wear them. I made this dress using Simplicity 8051 and floral fabric from JoAnn. I added pockets, a built-in bra, and a few inches to the bottom of the skirt. While pockets are paramount, the built-in bra really makes this dress.
I love the fullness of the skirt (another full circle!), the open back, and the detailing on the bodice. This dress took a little longer to make, but the details are worth it. I can't help but twirl in this dress and will have to wear it with a petticoat one of these days.